Look around you; you will see a plethora of invitations to participate in the world and community around you. Just in one inbox I received 5 news of local events, classes, baby showers, professional associations, gatherings, workshops, and it’s not even 1 o’clock. How do you know which invitations are a worthwhile chance to discover yourself in the company of others, and which are competing for your precious time and energy?
Only you can decide which invitations are meant to be.
Sometimes it is exactly what you need to get out of your comfort zone and work in union with like-minded people. These are some ideal times to make connections when you:
- Are at a new phase of life, whether it be starting (or ending) a new job, hobby, family, health or spiritual practice, artistic endeavor, or education.
- Long to share what you have spent so long learning. Take your hard-earned education to others through classes, articles, discussions or blogs.
- It also goes the other way: when you want to add make personal contacts during your learning process. It can be easier as well as more enjoyable to take a photo class with a friend to spiff up your photography skills, for example, rather than watching YouTube videos at home by yourself.
- Want to celebrate! What better way to reap the benefits of your hard work by spending it with friends or like-minded people.
- Are ready to contribute your uniqueness to society. Have your say and support others as they have theirs.